Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One of those days....

do you ever just have "one of those days?"

It is pretty crazy here in good ol' Lynden. We have had such nice HOT weather (well for us it is hot). But last night we got to experience one of those thunder/lightening storms! It was pretty fun/crazy.

If you don't know Lynden our town is so busy preparing for the annual week of fair! The Northwest Washington Fair that is. It is always so busy that week (Which is next week ) people laughing having a good time. I watch the bus go by who knows how many times picking up all super excited people and then dropping off the really tired ones.  If you have never been you should! Especially the quilt barn! There are some quilts there you just stand with your mouth open saying nothing. They are AMAZING!!!

Then there are the concerts.... I can hear them from where I stand so proud. And they have some good shows coming to town this year. :) My favorite is to hear the roar of the engines on the Demo Derby. Partially because my "adopted son" Tom (actually Sharylann's son, but I like to think of him as mine too!) drives in it. This year he has a black and red truck. His friend has one too the same colors his name is Chris... so you could really go for either one! :) Just yell loud. Usually I can hear Sharylann from here rootin' and yelling so loud for her little boy. (Don't tell her that)

Anyhoo, about today it can be one of those days that turns from good to bad to good again to blah to who knows what is happening! With the business of fair week aproaching, new classes coming up, to the headaches, sleepless nights, funny songs little kids make up my week has been eventful at that as well as I am thinking Thelma and Sharylann's.

So I have this question for you all.... what do you do to calm your stress? Read a book, take 5, quilt, nap.... Or like me stand here and focus on happy things or just being able to walk and not have to roll everywhere...this quote not sure if anyone has notice sits about the window at Tangled Threads.... I just love it and it can apply to your life in so many ways.

1 comment:

  1. Hey.....I put a picture of your friends Marti M's quilt center medallion on your FB page....You don't seem to be getting around much??? Hope to see you around town soon :)
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete